On this week’s episode, neurophysiologist Dr. Robyn Capobianco returns and we cover a ton of interesting ground. I walked away from the conversation asking myself, ‘Are there absolutely, definitively good movements and bad movements within the framework of yoga poses? And do we know what they are?’
Here are the other points we discuss:
- The difference between the anatomy, biomechanics, and neuromechanics and how they apply to yoga
- What Robyn’s research has shown her about squeezing the glutes in backbends + the surprising thing that happens when you stop squeezing
- How to be a more discerning connoisseur of all the research, articles, and blog posts that are out there and why it matters
- Why Robyn believes that constraints around the practice can sometimes do more harm than good
- Is it safe to roll up from Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend) to standing?
- BONUS: Robyn’s favorite mascara brand, which she promises will change your life.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!