On this episode, I’m joined by yoga teacher and holistic health coach Rosie Acosta. Rosie shares her personal story of growing up in East L.A. in the 90s where chaos and violence surrounded her daily. By the time she was a teen, she’d been arrested, she was physically unhealthy, and she didn’t see much of a future for herself. And yet, here she is now, living a bright, fulfilled life.
Her story is inspiring and speaks to the power of the human spirit and the power of a dedicated yoga practice. ✨ “The minute I walked into that [yoga] room, I felt like I was home.” ✨
– How one of the biggest mistakes of her life as a teen was actually a catalyst for positive change
– The internal conflict of wanting to create a better life for herself while knowing that the family feared losing her if she “got out”
– How growing up with instability created a deep internal craving for stability
– How she juggled several jobs and explored different paths before finding the right fit with yoga
– Her advice for finding the right yoga teacher for you
This interview is a must-listen for anyone who has ever felt the odds are against them.
More about Rosie Acosta:
Rosie Acosta is an Inspirational Speaker, Yoga & Meditation Teacher and a Yoga Teacher Trainer, a Holistic Health Coach. As the founder of Radically Loved: Yoga, Health + Wellness, she is also the host of the Radically Loved Radio podcast.
In all of her work, Rosie teaches and practices being guided by radical love every day and connecting to that through yoga, diet, affirmation, self-inquiry, and curiosity. In helping others find their unique gifts and fire within, she aims to create practices and connect with people in a way that will help everyone live radically loved lives together.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Radically Loved podcast (Look for episode 161 for Rosie’s interview with me. We had so much fun.)
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
2. LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.
3. Truth: I am not a perfume gal. They’re usually too cloying for me and I don’t trust that the ingredients are safe. But I’m in love with the scents created by Skylar Body. They’re vegan and never tested on animals. And they’re free of parabens, phthalates, and other potentially harmful chemicals and they smell so amazing. To see which scent you like best, you can try the Skylar sample palette with free shipping plus earn a $20 credit towards your next full-sized perfume purchase, visit Skylar.com/yogaland.