If you’re like a lot of yoga students, you probably feel a bit conflicted when it comes to social media: You want to spend more time in the present moment, but you also love how social media makes you feel connected with the people you love and what’s going on in the world. It can be so hard balance social media and yoga, allowing you to enjoy the best social media has to offer without feeling like a slave to technology.
In this yoga podcast episode, Jason and I share some practical tips on using social media for yoga teachers (who need to use it as a marketing tool and as a way to connect to their students) and yoga students alike.
We talk about:
* How to stop comparing yourself to the edited highlight reel you see of others’ lives on social media
* Creating healthy boundaries around how and when you use social media
* What yoga teachers can do to stay authentic on social media and use it to nurture the relationships they have with their students
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
2. Storyworth makes it easy and fun for loved ones to tell their stories. Simply purchase a subscription for someone you love and each week Storyworth will send them a question about their life. After a year, stories are bound in a beautiful book. For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/yogaland when you subscribe.
3. Care/Of is a new online vitamin company that is devoted to personalization and authenticity in its sourcing. Set your health goals, take their quiz, and they’ll give you vitamin, mineral, and adaptogen recommendations. They also include sourcing information and studies to give you background on your choices. I’ve had fun trying them out! Visit takecareof.com and use offer code YOGALAND at checkout for 25% off your first month of vitamins.