Why don’t you have a seat and stay awhile? If you think meditation is boring, hard, pointless, or too time consuming, this meditation podcast episode is for you.
This week, Jason and I discuss everything meditation. We unpack why it’s important for yoga students to meditate. Plus, we’ll give some practical tips to start if you’re new to the practice (or start again if not very consistent). We promise, you’ll be glad you did!
PS: Jason has a brand new program on yogaglo that’s designed for people who don’t yet have a consistent meditation practice. It’s six classes and super-straightforward. Check it out here!
Highlights from the meditation podcast episode:
* The difference between a person’s identity and their habits + how to untangle the two in order to make regular meditation more likely
* Some of the common fears (and excuses!) that keep people from meditating
* Why meditation is an important part of a well-rounded yoga practice and if there’s anyone who shouldn’t meditate
* Jason’s approach to teaching seated meditation and how it’s similar to how he teaches asana
* Plus, we talk about our personal meditation practice, who we’ve studied with, and how it’s helped us
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
2. To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 40% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
3. HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that shops, plans, and delivers step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients. They have three plans to choose from — Classic, Veggie, and Family and every week there’s a 20 minute meal on the classic menu if you really don’t have even 30 minutes! Which let’s face it, happens! For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, visit hellofresh.com and enter YOGALAND30 at checkout.