I’ve got a special two-part series this week Yoga Tune Up® founder Jill Miller about — you guessed it — fascia. There is more and more info. being shared about fascia. But I’ve found that it sometimes feels esoteric. My goal with these interviews is threefold: I wanted to offer clarity about what fascia is and then talk about why it is so important and how we can apply this info. to our yoga practice. By the end of Part II, I feel like Jill and I dug into all of these questions, so be patient! Fascia is complex and it took me a bit longer than usual for these interviews to land.
We learn more about:
* What exactly fascia is anyway? And why is there some controversy over the definition.
* Why fascia is the “Cinderella story of human anatomy”
* How to incorporate our understanding of fascia into our yoga practice
* Why using a yoga ball to roll one part of your body can help to relieve tension in another part of the body
* The nervous system’s relationship to the fascia system
More About Yoga Tune Up®: www.tuneupfitness.com/yogatuneup
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. Zola is reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience. From engagement to wedding to decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. To sign up with Zola and receive a $50 credit towards your registry, go to zola.com/yogaland
2. RxBar are protein bars made from 100% whole foods. That means RxBars do not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fillers. They also do not contain added sugar. They’re also delicious! For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
3. Freshly is the easiest and most convenient way to eat healthy no matter what life throws your way. Freshly’s chef create delicious gluten-free meals delivered fresh to your door. Every single meal comes with a detailed overview of each ingredient in the meal. Get $25 off your first order of 6 fresh-cooked dinners by going to freshly.com/yogaland
4. To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 60% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.