Katie Brauer joins us this week for some straight talk. She shares about her background as a professional snowboarder turned yoga teacher, money mindset, and how she’s using her insights to help other teachers bust through their money blocks and create sustainable businesses.
Here are some highlights:
* Katie talks about her time as a professional snowboarder, what she learned from her experiences, and how she’s using that to help other yoga teachers
* How she overcame several injuries to come back to snowboarding and why she finally decided to retire from that life and become a yoga teacher
* The lessons she applied from her time as a athlete that helped her have a successful yoga business
* The biggest mistakes new yoga teachers make when they’re building a business.
* How to overcome the money blocks that many teachers struggle with.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
2. If you’re like me and you wear your gym or yoga clothes 6 or 7 days a week, you want to look put together. My life has changed since Fabletics became a sponsor of the podcast. Their styles are super adorable and affordable. Get two pairs of leggings for $24 when you sign up to be a VIP. Go to fabletics.com/YOGALAND to take advantage of this deal, get exclusive discounts, and more.
3. Simple Habit is a 5-minute meditation app. They have super short, doable meditations that you can do everyday. It’s available on iOS, Android, and the web. Since it’s an app, you can easily track how many minutes of meditation you’ve done in a month, browse from over a thousand different topics, create playlists, and set daily reminders. It’s super convenient and will keep you in the habit. To try Simple Habit for free for a month, visit SimpleHabit.com/YOGALAND.