Hello, Hello —
I am so excited to share this week’s podcast with you and I can 100% guarantee that this guest has the most beautiful voice/accent of anyone I will interview. My guest is London-based teacher, Claire Missingham. Claire has over 16 years teaching experience and and runs a successful yoga teacher training program having trained over 125 teachers in the UK in the past few years. She is a Senior Teacher at triyoga, Europe’s leading yoga studio, and teaches worldwide. Claire is also a triathlete, competing regularly in Sprint Distance Triathlons after learning how to swim and cycle only in the past couple of years since turning 40!
I got to know Claire (@claire_yoga) well when Jason taught a TT in London a few years ago and I just adore her. She’s thoughtful, funny, and a devoted mom and she has a fascinating life story that led her to yoga — from her family’s practice of Sufism to her years leading a professional dance company, we piece it all together and talk about:
* Her spiritual childhood and the effect it had on her
* The importance of modeling self care and practice time for your children and family
* Her creating magic workshop (which I wish I could take!) and some of her ideas for carving out creative time
* Creating monthly themes for classes (and practicing with the flow of the moon!)
* Shradda or faith — How yoga helps us feel faith through tumultuous times
“Whatever reason people came to yoga in the first place, often the reason they’ll stay is a blossoming flower of faith inside of them. It’s faith that they’re not alone and that there are other people who believe what they do.” — Claire Missingham
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! I’m learning that it really does help others find it and it helps me to know which episodes resonate with you! You can also follow me on Twitter @yogalandpodcast.