Robyn Capobianco, PhD, is back on the podcast this week to talk about the findings of two related studies she and her team conducted about the science of flexibility. The big takeaway from both studies is the same: Doing self-massage with Yoga Tune Up Balls before stretching increases flexibility and creates less of a temporary strength deficit. Translation: On those days when you just want to lie on the floor and roll, DO IT. Is it good for you? Yes! Is it good for your yoga practice? Yes! Is it a good thing to do as you age? Definitely! There is so much good news in this episode and Robyn breaks it all down for you.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Yoga Tune Up Balls [Affiliate link]
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
2. Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from high, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. Their short quiz asks you about your diet, health goals, and lifestyle choices and uses these answers to create personalized vitamin packs just for you. For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code YOGALAND.
3. Away is a new kind of luggage that is designed to be resilient, resourceful, and essential to the way you travel today. They use high-quality materials at a lower price point than other brands because they sell directly on the Internet. Try it out for 100 days, and if you don’t love it return it for a full refund. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com/yogaland and use promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
4. Ohmme is a company that makes yoga and activewear clothing for men. The fit and function is phenomenal. Plus, their design and manufacturing process is sustainable since they use many recycled materials. For 20% off your Ohmme order, visit ohmme.com and use promo code YOGALAND20.
5. Storyworth makes it easy and fun for loved ones to tell their stories. Simply purchase a subscription for someone you love–like your father for Father’s Day!–and each week Storyworth will send them a question about their life. After a year, stories are bound in a beautiful book. For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/yogaland when you subscribe.