This week, I talk with Ty Powers. You might know Ty as the husband of my personal yoga teacher, Sarah Powers. He’s also an incredibly insightful teacher in his own right, a meditation teacher, and coach. Recently, he’s also been leading workshops called Changes and Transitions in Midlife–something that is of particular interest to me now that I’m in my 40s.
Here are some highlights from our conversation:
*Ty talks briefly about parenting and race and how both of those things have impacted his life
*We commiserate about the challenges of having a spouse who’s an international yoga teacher
*We talk about how things change once a person gets into their 40s and 50s , the process of aging and how to make sense of the changes to your body. And Ty shares why he thinks people are beginning to ask the big questions about life and spirituality earlier today than ever before.
*How, culturally, we’re missing the mark in preparing for all of life’s transitions, and how practices like yoga and meditation can help us to prepare ourselves for that process
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
2. Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from high, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. Their short quiz asks you about your diet, health goals, and lifestyle choices and uses these answers to create personalized vitamin packs just for you. For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code YOGALAND.
3. Storyworth makes it easy and fun for loved ones to tell their stories. Simply purchase a subscription for someone you love and each week Storyworth will send them a question about their life. After a year, stories are bound in a beautiful book. For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/yogaland when you subscribe.
4. Away is a new kind of luggage that is designed to be resilient resourceful and essential to the way you travel today. They use high-quality materials at a lower price point than other brands because they sell directly on the Internet. For $20 off a suitcase, visit awaytravel.com/yogaland and use promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
5. Omax 3 Ultapure is the purest Omega 3 fatty acid supplement on the market. Omax puts their product through an intense distillation process to remove saturated fats, toxins, and PCPs, so you’re left with a really pure product. Go to tryomax.com/yogaland to get a box of Omax 3 Ultrapure for free with your first purchase.
6. ModCloth is your go-to to get your closet ready with adorable, fresh pieces. The company celebrates all women, which is why they offer a full range of sizes, from XXS to 4X. To get 15% off your purchase of $100 or more, go to MODCLOTH.com and enter code YOGALAND at checkout.