Yoga offers us so much more than a healthy body and mind–it also helps us to get to know ourselves on a deep, intimate level. That deep knowing can help us make better decisions about every aspect of our lives, which is especially true during the childbirth process, says this week’s guest Rachel Yellin.
Rachel is a prenatal yoga teacher, childbirth educator, hypnotherapist, and a dear friend of mine. All of her work is centered around the idea of using mindfulness to help people tap into their own wisdom. It’s transformational. And it’s all yoga.
This episode isn’t just for pregnant moms (or even parents). It’s for anyone who wants to learn to tune out external criticisms, judgments, and expectations so you can be guided by your own authentic, inner voice.
Here’s are some things we cover:
* Finding the balance between the tradition of yoga, where students are guided through every pose by a teacher, and learning to allow your your own body and intuition lead the way
* How Rachel’s different businesses are based on yoga and being present, knowing yourself + the creative way she grew her yoga business without depleting herself through marketing efforts, constant travel, etc.
* Ideas for parenting with more presence. Hint: it’s not about reading parenting books, but reading your individual child and responding to her needs
* Advice for yoga teachers who feel pressured to build a following on social media
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond Audio Relaxation Program by Rachel Yellin
When The Body Says No: Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection by Dr. Gabor Mate
The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer by Dr. Elizabeth Blackburn and Dr. Elissa Epel
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
2. To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 40% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
3. HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that shops, plans, and delivers step-by-step recipes and pre-measured ingredients. They have three plans to choose from — Classic, Veggie, and Family and every week there’s a 20 minute meal on the classic menu if you really don’t have even 30 minutes! Which let’s face it, happens! For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, visit hellofresh.com and enter YOGALAND30 at checkout.