In this week’s episode, Jason and I are live from Detroit Yoga Lab answering student questions about some of the most common yoga injuries, how to prevent and avoid them. Bonus banter: Find out why Jason has a black eye – unsurprisingly, it’s not from yoga or a bar fight. And learn what Jason’s three favorite bands are.
(Our regular listeners will not be surprised to hear that Salabhasana (Locust Pose) come up a time or two.)
Here’s what we discuss:
* Alternative poses for Warrior I and II for practitioners with SI joint pain
* Best poses and modifications for hamstring overstretch issues
* Which movements during an asana practice could cause excess shoulder and neck tension and which counter poses or practices can students do to find relief
* Have we demonized Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose)? Plus, how to transition from Plank to the floor in a way that’s less likely to cause injury
Scroll through the most recent yoga podcast episodes and makes sure you haven’t missed anything.
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service — they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
2. Care/Of is a new online vitamin company that is devoted to personalization and authenticity in its sourcing. Set your health goals, take their quiz, and they’ll give you vitamin, mineral, and adaptogen recommendations. They also include sourcing information and studies to give you background on your choices. I’ve had fun trying them out! Visit takecareof.com and use offer code YOGALAND at checkout for 25% off your first month of vitamins.