This episode is in response to the overwhelming number of questions we’ve gotten about Handstand. It’s full of yoga Handstand tips.
We explore the logistical side — what are the best prep poses for Handstand? And the emotional side, i.e., how do I cope with my fear of Handstand? You’ll also learn:
* The vital triad of forearm, finger, and shoulder strength for Handstand
* Helpful prep poses yoga poses to help you build the strength for the pose
* The importance of understanding scapular motion when learning Handstand
* The muscles and actions that people neglect when they’re trying to learn Handstand
* How to manage and cope with your fear of Handstand
* Alternative poses that offer the same benefits as Handstand
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
Pose Notebook: How to Practice and Teach Handstand
Peak Pose Sequence: Handstand
Four Creative Core Poses
A 7-Step Formula to Facing Your Fears (This post can be applied to fear of Handstand, too)
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. Mahabis sell incredibly comfortable, Scandinavian-inspired slippers with unique detachable soles. The detachable soles clip on and off easily, so you can even wear your slippers outdoors, or to and from your yoga class! Head to mahabis.com to buy your pair today. Use code YOGALAND for 10% off and free shipping worldwide.
2. Summer’s on the horizon. Pack your bags and hit the road in ModCloth’s newest collection! ModCloth’s signature line comes in a range of sizes from XXS – 4X. And you can get free sizing and styling help from their mod stylists. For 15% off your purchase of $100 or more, go to modcloth.com and enter code YOGALAND at checkout. This offer expires April 21st, 2018.
3. RxBar are protein bars made from 100% whole foods. That means RxBars do not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fillers. They also do not contain added sugar. They’re also delicious! For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
4. Freshly is the easiest and most convenient way to eat healthy no matter what life throws your way. Freshly’s chef create delicious gluten-free meals delivered fresh to your door. Every single meal comes with a detailed overview of each ingredient in the meal. Get $25 off your first order of 6 fresh-cooked dinners by going to freshly.com/yogaland
5.To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 40% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.