This week, we continue our conversation with Jill Miller to learn even more about the mysterious (and amazing!) connective tissue that literally holds our bodies together, fascia.
We learn more about:
* What the three different layers of fascia are, how each layer functions, and why each one is important
* Where in your own body you can feel the different textures of fascia
* What happens to the fascia when you stretch your muscles
* How to use tools like therapy balls, a yoga mat, or even a hard wood floor to create awareness from the skin to the deep fascia (Hint: Less is more)
* Whether rolling on therapy balls is more effective before or after exercise
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
What You Need to Know about Your IT Band by Jill Miller
Fascia: What It Is and Why It Matters, by David Lesondak
More About Yoga Tune Up®: www.tuneupfitness.com/yogatuneup
WRITE A REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUTOUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. Zola is reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience. From engagement to wedding to decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. To sign up with Zola and receive a $50 credit towards your registry, go to zola.com/yogaland
2. RxBar are protein bars made from 100% whole foods. That means RxBars do not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fillers. They also do not contain added sugar. They’re also delicious! For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
3. Freshly is the easiest and most convenient way to eat healthy no matter what life throws your way. Freshly’s chef create delicious gluten-free meals delivered fresh to your door. Every single meal comes with a detailed overview of each ingredient in the meal. Get $25 off your first order of 6 fresh-cooked dinners by going to freshly.com/yogaland
4. To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 60% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND when you subscribe.