Hello and Happy Summer!
Have you met or taken class online with Taylor Harkness yet? You should! Taylor (@tjhark on Instagram) is warm and heartful with an infectious charm. He’s young (my first millennial on the podcast) but he is truly a wise, old soul. Taylor discovered yoga while he was working as a paramedic. He’d always planned on going to medical school, but the trauma that he witnessed in the ambulance started having a deleterious affect on his health. When he started yoga he took to it, “like a moth to a flame.”
We talked about:
* His transition from the ambulance to the yoga mat
* Balancing the duality of the yoga tradition while leaving room for evolution and change
* How he built his social media following and how he has since changed his approach
* What it’s like to be an atheist and be a yoga teacher
* What separates his yoga practice from his fitness endeavors
* His new project, The Yoga Network, which is a supportive community for yoga teachers
“When you embrace who you are, it opens all these doors. There’s no one right, set way of doing something as long as you’re growing.” — Taylor Harkness
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you like what you hear, please feel free to write a review on iTunes! If you share your URL, I’ll be able to get back to you and say thanks. You can also follow me on Twitter @yogalandpodcast.