Happy New Year!
With a new year comes a flood of new students into yoga classes everywhere. Many of those students will be brand new to yoga, while others have re-committed to their yoga practice.
In this first episode of our series on yoga beginners, Jason shares some tips for how to welcome these new students and make them feel “supported, but not hounded” in the yoga room.
While the series will be geared toward teachers, it’s important info for those yoga students who will be seeing lots of new faces in their classes, too.
* Why it’s so important to put yourself back into the mindset of a beginner if you’re teaching new yoga students
* Jason’s principles for teaching asanas, or yoga poses, to beginners–and how he keeps his classes consistent without letting them get too boring or stale
* A few strategies for making beginning students feel more comfortable in a new environment and how to be a good host to all of your students
* How yoga teachers can keep their beginning students safe without making them feel called out or inadequate
* More on how the beginning of the year can be an opportunity for yoga teachers to reflect, learn something new, and make tweaks to their teaching approach, too
RECOMMENDED AND RELATED LINKS
WRITE A YOGA PODCAST REVIEW
If you like the podcast, please leave a review or rating on iTunes! It makes it easier for others to find the podcast. If you don’t know how to leave a review, here are some step by step instructions. Woohoo! So easy!
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. LOLA is a female-founded company offering 100 organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For every purchase, LOLA donates feminine care products to homeless shelters across the U.S. For 40% off all subscriptions, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.
2. Care/of is a monthly subscription vitamin service made from high, quality ingredients personally tailored to your exact needs. Their short quiz asks you about your diet, health goals, and lifestyle choices and uses these answers to create personalized vitamin packs just for you. For 25% off your first month of personalized care/of vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter promo code YOGALAND.